Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crawling

Tonight Harlow learned to crawl in her cast! I'm so happy for her because she was so happy to be mobile again. I thought she would learn to crawl, but not in just 4 days. It was right after her Daddy left to go watch our Thundercar race, so I am so excited for him to see her crawl tomorrow.

Remember how I said having a toddler in a spica cast is like having an infant again? Well, this is another example. We never thought we would be excited that our child learned to crawl - for a second time.

Sleeping still isn't going very well. She is waking up about every 2 hours or so. I don't exactly know why because even thought she has very good communication she just can't tell me what the problem is. It could be muscle spasms in her legs, discomfort from the cast, or just pure frustration because she still can't understand why this happened to her. I think she is just mad. She can't tell me what's wrong when she is upset. She wants held and then she doesn't. She wants her blankie and then she doesn't. Whatever she says she wants she refuses once you give it to her. She will cry for a few minutes and then she will just stop and relax and snuggle back in with her blankie.

No one ever said having a toddler in a spica cast would be easy, but it's not all bad either. Other than the moments of pure frustration Harlow is still the happy little girl she always was. When the moments are bad you just have to remember the purpose of the cast.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment