Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cast Change!

Tomorrow!  Tomorrow Harlow gets her cast changed!  Wednesday was officially 6 weeks since she had her first procedure.  I am SO excited for a new cast.  This one is so dirty and stinky.  No matter how much you try to keep them clean they still get dirty and stinky in 100F weather.

The Red Laser Treatments that we have been having done on her incision have made such a difference!  The incision is almost completely healed - there is no redness to it anymore.  I'm hoping that it has been healing the tendons as quickly as the incision.  Dr. Hennrikus doesn't know about the treatments so I'll be curious to see if he comments on how healed up she is already.  Maybe if we have a miracle tomorrow she will be healed enough to go straight to a brace...so not getting my hopes up tomorrow.

We have to report to the hospital at 6am.  This means we have to get up at 4am to leave by 4:45am because it takes about an hour to get there and I prefer to be early than cutting it close to being late.  I had to laugh when we got home today because the hospital called and left this on the answering machine, "Hi, I'm calling from Hershey Medical Center for Ashley Gloster.  I see Harlow has already been to our Center for a previous procedure and tomorrow is just a cast change.  So since you already know the routine I'll just leave the time on here.  Please be at the main hospital by 6am tomorrow.  I'm sure you know Harlow isn't allowed any food or drink after midnight but if you have questions just call."  LOL I just thought it was funny that she was basically like "you know the deal, be here at 6am".  It sucks getting up so early and I'm always afraid of oversleeping but I'd rather be there early and hopefully get out at a decent time then going in later and getting pushed back because of other procedures before her taking extra long.  We'll just have to nap if we can tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment